Dec 23, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Stafford received a major for elbow and a game misconduct just past the midway point of the second period. Larsson has remained in the game.
The ejection to Stafford meant the already flu-ravaged Sabres went from 16 players down to 15, as per Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk and NHL.com.
The Sabres were able to kill off the major penalty, in part because Coyotes’ forward Martin Hanzal took a minor penalty as his team entered the second half of its power play opportunity.
Update: Here’s a GIF of the incident, courtesy SB Nation…
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 11
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58