Dec 23, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Stafford received a major for elbow and a game misconduct just past the midway point of the second period. Larsson has remained in the game.
The ejection to Stafford meant the already flu-ravaged Sabres went from 16 players down to 15, as per Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk and NHL.com.
The Sabres were able to kill off the major penalty, in part because Coyotes’ forward Martin Hanzal took a minor penalty as his team entered the second half of its power play opportunity.
Update: Here’s a GIF of the incident, courtesy SB Nation…
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)