Dec 23, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Stafford received a major for elbow and a game misconduct just past the midway point of the second period. Larsson has remained in the game.
The ejection to Stafford meant the already flu-ravaged Sabres went from 16 players down to 15, as per Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk and NHL.com.
The Sabres were able to kill off the major penalty, in part because Coyotes’ forward Martin Hanzal took a minor penalty as his team entered the second half of its power play opportunity.
Update: Here’s a GIF of the incident, courtesy SB Nation…
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)