Dec 23, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Stafford received a major for elbow and a game misconduct just past the midway point of the second period. Larsson has remained in the game.
The ejection to Stafford meant the already flu-ravaged Sabres went from 16 players down to 15, as per Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk and NHL.com.
The Sabres were able to kill off the major penalty, in part because Coyotes’ forward Martin Hanzal took a minor penalty as his team entered the second half of its power play opportunity.
Update: Here’s a GIF of the incident, courtesy SB Nation…
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7