Dec 23, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Stafford received a major for elbow and a game misconduct just past the midway point of the second period. Larsson has remained in the game.
The ejection to Stafford meant the already flu-ravaged Sabres went from 16 players down to 15, as per Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk and NHL.com.
The Sabres were able to kill off the major penalty, in part because Coyotes’ forward Martin Hanzal took a minor penalty as his team entered the second half of its power play opportunity.
Update: Here’s a GIF of the incident, courtesy SB Nation…
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)