Dec 23, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Today, Jim Nill provided a more accurate timeline.
Nill said Gonchar would miss the next 7-10 days with concussion symptoms, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. The veteran rearguard won’t play against the Kings tonight — journeyman Max Fortunus will draw in — and it seems unlikely Gonchar will be ready for Dallas’ upcoming home games on Friday against Nashville and on Sunday against St. Louis.
Gonchar’s campaign hasn’t been great — he has no goals and 12 points in 35 games, with a minus-5 rating — but he does average over 19 minutes per night and is one of Dallas’ few veteran presences on the back end. Fellow vets Trevor Daley and Stephane Robidas are currently out injured, leaving a lot of the heavy lifting to the likes of 23-year-old Brenden Dillon.
Speaking of the Stars (and Heika), there’s a pretty good piece on the team in today’s Morning News, where Nill talks about building the Dallas organization in the “Detroit Way.” You can read it here.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8