Dec 23, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Today, Jim Nill provided a more accurate timeline.
Nill said Gonchar would miss the next 7-10 days with concussion symptoms, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. The veteran rearguard won’t play against the Kings tonight — journeyman Max Fortunus will draw in — and it seems unlikely Gonchar will be ready for Dallas’ upcoming home games on Friday against Nashville and on Sunday against St. Louis.
Gonchar’s campaign hasn’t been great — he has no goals and 12 points in 35 games, with a minus-5 rating — but he does average over 19 minutes per night and is one of Dallas’ few veteran presences on the back end. Fellow vets Trevor Daley and Stephane Robidas are currently out injured, leaving a lot of the heavy lifting to the likes of 23-year-old Brenden Dillon.
Speaking of the Stars (and Heika), there’s a pretty good piece on the team in today’s Morning News, where Nill talks about building the Dallas organization in the “Detroit Way.” You can read it here.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)