Dec 23, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
The New York Islanders are changing things up for tonight’s date in Detroit, which promoted head coach Jack Capuano to say the following:
Capuano on lineup: “Listen, we’re in last place so no one should be arguing about who’s in and who’s out at this particular time.”
— Mark Herrmann (@markpherrmann) December 23, 2013
That quote came after Capuano announced he was dropping Eric Boulton from the fourth line and replacing him with Colin McDonald, who hasn’t played since Dec. 12 (McDonald received 12 minutes in a 6-3 loss to Phoenix that night, and finished minus-2).
The Isles have lost four of five and are coming off a 5-3 home defeat to Anaheim on Saturday — a game in which they held a 3-1 lead going into the third period, before the Ducks rattled off four unanswered goals in the final frame.
New York currently sits last in the Metropolitan Division, with 27 points, and six points clear of cellar-dwellers Buffalo for bottom spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)