Dec 23, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
The New York Islanders are changing things up for tonight’s date in Detroit, which promoted head coach Jack Capuano to say the following:
Capuano on lineup: “Listen, we’re in last place so no one should be arguing about who’s in and who’s out at this particular time.”
— Mark Herrmann (@markpherrmann) December 23, 2013
That quote came after Capuano announced he was dropping Eric Boulton from the fourth line and replacing him with Colin McDonald, who hasn’t played since Dec. 12 (McDonald received 12 minutes in a 6-3 loss to Phoenix that night, and finished minus-2).
The Isles have lost four of five and are coming off a 5-3 home defeat to Anaheim on Saturday — a game in which they held a 3-1 lead going into the third period, before the Ducks rattled off four unanswered goals in the final frame.
New York currently sits last in the Metropolitan Division, with 27 points, and six points clear of cellar-dwellers Buffalo for bottom spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)