Dec 23, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
The New York Islanders are changing things up for tonight’s date in Detroit, which promoted head coach Jack Capuano to say the following:
Capuano on lineup: “Listen, we’re in last place so no one should be arguing about who’s in and who’s out at this particular time.”
— Mark Herrmann (@markpherrmann) December 23, 2013
That quote came after Capuano announced he was dropping Eric Boulton from the fourth line and replacing him with Colin McDonald, who hasn’t played since Dec. 12 (McDonald received 12 minutes in a 6-3 loss to Phoenix that night, and finished minus-2).
The Isles have lost four of five and are coming off a 5-3 home defeat to Anaheim on Saturday — a game in which they held a 3-1 lead going into the third period, before the Ducks rattled off four unanswered goals in the final frame.
New York currently sits last in the Metropolitan Division, with 27 points, and six points clear of cellar-dwellers Buffalo for bottom spot in the Eastern Conference.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 1
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 34
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 22
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)