Dec 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Carter Hutton‘s night against the Boston Bruins lasted less than six minutes Monday.
The Nashville Predators’ goalie was given the yank after allowing two goals – first Jarome Iginla just 1:16 into the game and then Matt Fraser with his first of the season and second career NHL goal – in five minutes and 59 seconds.
The Bruins, looking to increase their lead over the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Atlantic Division, jumped out to a 3-0 advantage over the Predators in the first period.
The Bruins entered the game with seven wins in their last 10 games, and led the Lightning by three points atop the division standings.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 0
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 35
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)