Dec 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Carter Hutton‘s night against the Boston Bruins lasted less than six minutes Monday.
The Nashville Predators’ goalie was given the yank after allowing two goals – first Jarome Iginla just 1:16 into the game and then Matt Fraser with his first of the season and second career NHL goal – in five minutes and 59 seconds.
The Bruins, looking to increase their lead over the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Atlantic Division, jumped out to a 3-0 advantage over the Predators in the first period.
The Bruins entered the game with seven wins in their last 10 games, and led the Lightning by three points atop the division standings.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 0
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 43
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)