Dec 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Carter Hutton‘s night against the Boston Bruins lasted less than six minutes Monday.
The Nashville Predators’ goalie was given the yank after allowing two goals – first Jarome Iginla just 1:16 into the game and then Matt Fraser with his first of the season and second career NHL goal – in five minutes and 59 seconds.
The Bruins, looking to increase their lead over the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Atlantic Division, jumped out to a 3-0 advantage over the Predators in the first period.
The Bruins entered the game with seven wins in their last 10 games, and led the Lightning by three points atop the division standings.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)