Dec 23, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Boston defenseman Adam McQuaid will play for the first time in nine games tonight when the B’s take on the Preds in Nashville.
McQuaid, 27, has been sidelined with a lower-body injury believed to be a groin strain. He last played on Nov. 30, and that came after he missed eight games with the same ailment (McQuaid also sat from Nov. 9-29).
The Bruins will be pleased to get McQuaid back in the mix. The depth defenseman was a fairly steadying presence prior to getting hurt — averaging 15:43 per game with a plus-7 rating — and without him, the Bruins were forced to use AHL Providence blueliners Kevan Miller and David Warsofsky, the latter of whom performed admirably but saw limited minutes.
(The loss also put extra strain on Boston’s other defenseman, notably Zdeno Chara, who played 27:17 in Saturday’s win over Buffalo.)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)