Dec 23, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Boston defenseman Adam McQuaid will play for the first time in nine games tonight when the B’s take on the Preds in Nashville.
McQuaid, 27, has been sidelined with a lower-body injury believed to be a groin strain. He last played on Nov. 30, and that came after he missed eight games with the same ailment (McQuaid also sat from Nov. 9-29).
The Bruins will be pleased to get McQuaid back in the mix. The depth defenseman was a fairly steadying presence prior to getting hurt — averaging 15:43 per game with a plus-7 rating — and without him, the Bruins were forced to use AHL Providence blueliners Kevan Miller and David Warsofsky, the latter of whom performed admirably but saw limited minutes.
(The loss also put extra strain on Boston’s other defenseman, notably Zdeno Chara, who played 27:17 in Saturday’s win over Buffalo.)
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)