Dec 23, 2013, 10:56 AM EST
Brooks Laich is back.
That was the word out of Washington on Monday as Caps head coach Adam Oates confirmed that Laich would dress tonight when Washington takes on Anaheim at Verizon.
Laich, 30, has missed the last 11 games with a groin injury suffered in late November. The veteran forward appeared hampered at times with the ailment and, as a result, had just four goals and six points through the first 25 games of the year, averaging 17:52 TOI per game while posting a minus-9 rating.
It’s unclear who Laich will replace in the lineup, though several reporters are suggesting he’ll take the place of Aaron Volpatti on the bottom forward unit.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)