Dec 23, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is back.
That was the word out of Washington on Monday as Caps head coach Adam Oates confirmed that Laich would dress tonight when Washington takes on Anaheim at Verizon.
Laich, 30, has missed the last 11 games with a groin injury suffered in late November. The veteran forward appeared hampered at times with the ailment and, as a result, had just four goals and six points through the first 25 games of the year, averaging 17:52 TOI per game while posting a minus-9 rating.
It’s unclear who Laich will replace in the lineup, though several reporters are suggesting he’ll take the place of Aaron Volpatti on the bottom forward unit.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)