Dec 23, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is back.
That was the word out of Washington on Monday as Caps head coach Adam Oates confirmed that Laich would dress tonight when Washington takes on Anaheim at Verizon.
Laich, 30, has missed the last 11 games with a groin injury suffered in late November. The veteran forward appeared hampered at times with the ailment and, as a result, had just four goals and six points through the first 25 games of the year, averaging 17:52 TOI per game while posting a minus-9 rating.
It’s unclear who Laich will replace in the lineup, though several reporters are suggesting he’ll take the place of Aaron Volpatti on the bottom forward unit.
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 32
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 84
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)