Dec 23, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is back.
That was the word out of Washington on Monday as Caps head coach Adam Oates confirmed that Laich would dress tonight when Washington takes on Anaheim at Verizon.
Laich, 30, has missed the last 11 games with a groin injury suffered in late November. The veteran forward appeared hampered at times with the ailment and, as a result, had just four goals and six points through the first 25 games of the year, averaging 17:52 TOI per game while posting a minus-9 rating.
It’s unclear who Laich will replace in the lineup, though several reporters are suggesting he’ll take the place of Aaron Volpatti on the bottom forward unit.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)