Dec 22, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
Mika Zibanejad is expected back in the Ottawa Senators’ lineup when they host a red-hot Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, as per the Ottawa Citizen.
Zibanejad missed Ottawa’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday with an upper-body injury he suffered Thursday.
“I feel like I can play (Monday), I feel good, everything feels good, so it’s just a matter of if the coach wants me to go or not,” he told the Ottawa Citizen.
The Senators, with greater expectations after making it to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, have underwhelmed to this point in the season.
They have lost three straight, with only a single point in that span. Through 38 games this season, the Senators have a record of 14-17-7, and their 35 points has them sixth in the Atlantic Division, only two points up on the Florida Panthers.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld