Dec 22, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
Mika Zibanejad is expected back in the Ottawa Senators’ lineup when they host a red-hot Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, as per the Ottawa Citizen.
Zibanejad missed Ottawa’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday with an upper-body injury he suffered Thursday.
“I feel like I can play (Monday), I feel good, everything feels good, so it’s just a matter of if the coach wants me to go or not,” he told the Ottawa Citizen.
The Senators, with greater expectations after making it to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, have underwhelmed to this point in the season.
They have lost three straight, with only a single point in that span. Through 38 games this season, the Senators have a record of 14-17-7, and their 35 points has them sixth in the Atlantic Division, only two points up on the Florida Panthers.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld