Dec 22, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
Mika Zibanejad is expected back in the Ottawa Senators’ lineup when they host a red-hot Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, as per the Ottawa Citizen.
Zibanejad missed Ottawa’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday with an upper-body injury he suffered Thursday.
“I feel like I can play (Monday), I feel good, everything feels good, so it’s just a matter of if the coach wants me to go or not,” he told the Ottawa Citizen.
The Senators, with greater expectations after making it to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, have underwhelmed to this point in the season.
They have lost three straight, with only a single point in that span. Through 38 games this season, the Senators have a record of 14-17-7, and their 35 points has them sixth in the Atlantic Division, only two points up on the Florida Panthers.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld