Dec 22, 2013, 10:23 PM EST
Mika Zibanejad is expected back in the Ottawa Senators’ lineup when they host a red-hot Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, as per the Ottawa Citizen.
Zibanejad missed Ottawa’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday with an upper-body injury he suffered Thursday.
“I feel like I can play (Monday), I feel good, everything feels good, so it’s just a matter of if the coach wants me to go or not,” he told the Ottawa Citizen.
The Senators, with greater expectations after making it to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, have underwhelmed to this point in the season.
They have lost three straight, with only a single point in that span. Through 38 games this season, the Senators have a record of 14-17-7, and their 35 points has them sixth in the Atlantic Division, only two points up on the Florida Panthers.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld