Dec 22, 2013, 10:23 PM EST
Mika Zibanejad is expected back in the Ottawa Senators’ lineup when they host a red-hot Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, as per the Ottawa Citizen.
Zibanejad missed Ottawa’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday with an upper-body injury he suffered Thursday.
“I feel like I can play (Monday), I feel good, everything feels good, so it’s just a matter of if the coach wants me to go or not,” he told the Ottawa Citizen.
The Senators, with greater expectations after making it to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, have underwhelmed to this point in the season.
They have lost three straight, with only a single point in that span. Through 38 games this season, the Senators have a record of 14-17-7, and their 35 points has them sixth in the Atlantic Division, only two points up on the Florida Panthers.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 29
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld