Dec 22, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Matt Cooke, with a reputation for being a nasty, dirty hockey player, delivered a thunderous body check Sunday night.
Cooke caught New York Rangers’ left-winger Mats Zuccarello with a big hit near the end boards just after Zuccarello had reversed the puck behind the net late in the first period.
Zuccarello bounced right back up to his feet, while Rangers’ defenseman John Moore jumped in to confront Cooke.
The only penalties handed out on the play were to Moore for roughing and Minnesota’s Kyle Brodziak for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)