Dec 22, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Matt Cooke, with a reputation for being a nasty, dirty hockey player, delivered a thunderous body check Sunday night.
Cooke caught New York Rangers’ left-winger Mats Zuccarello with a big hit near the end boards just after Zuccarello had reversed the puck behind the net late in the first period.
Zuccarello bounced right back up to his feet, while Rangers’ defenseman John Moore jumped in to confront Cooke.
The only penalties handed out on the play were to Moore for roughing and Minnesota’s Kyle Brodziak for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)