Dec 22, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Matt Cooke, with a reputation for being a nasty, dirty hockey player, delivered a thunderous body check Sunday night.
Cooke caught New York Rangers’ left-winger Mats Zuccarello with a big hit near the end boards just after Zuccarello had reversed the puck behind the net late in the first period.
Zuccarello bounced right back up to his feet, while Rangers’ defenseman John Moore jumped in to confront Cooke.
The only penalties handed out on the play were to Moore for roughing and Minnesota’s Kyle Brodziak for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21