Dec 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
At the end of the season, and on paper, it will look like Chris Kreider went top shelf with a blistering wrist shot.
But the video evidence shows otherwise. Kreider, the New York Rangers’ forward, fanned on his shot as he was breaking into the Minnesota zone down the left wing, but still managed to beat Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom, who simply whiffed on the puck as it slid past him.
Just one of those nights.
The Wild were badly outplayed throughout most of the game, and were soundly beaten 4-1 by the host Rangers. Kreider’s goal gave New York a three-goal cushion in the third period.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54