Dec 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
At the end of the season, and on paper, it will look like Chris Kreider went top shelf with a blistering wrist shot.
But the video evidence shows otherwise. Kreider, the New York Rangers’ forward, fanned on his shot as he was breaking into the Minnesota zone down the left wing, but still managed to beat Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom, who simply whiffed on the puck as it slid past him.
Just one of those nights.
The Wild were badly outplayed throughout most of the game, and were soundly beaten 4-1 by the host Rangers. Kreider’s goal gave New York a three-goal cushion in the third period.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)