Dec 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
At the end of the season, and on paper, it will look like Chris Kreider went top shelf with a blistering wrist shot.
But the video evidence shows otherwise. Kreider, the New York Rangers’ forward, fanned on his shot as he was breaking into the Minnesota zone down the left wing, but still managed to beat Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom, who simply whiffed on the puck as it slid past him.
Just one of those nights.
The Wild were badly outplayed throughout most of the game, and were soundly beaten 4-1 by the host Rangers. Kreider’s goal gave New York a three-goal cushion in the third period.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30