Dec 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
At the end of the season, and on paper, it will look like Chris Kreider went top shelf with a blistering wrist shot.
But the video evidence shows otherwise. Kreider, the New York Rangers’ forward, fanned on his shot as he was breaking into the Minnesota zone down the left wing, but still managed to beat Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom, who simply whiffed on the puck as it slid past him.
Just one of those nights.
The Wild were badly outplayed throughout most of the game, and were soundly beaten 4-1 by the host Rangers. Kreider’s goal gave New York a three-goal cushion in the third period.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39