Dec 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
At the end of the season, and on paper, it will look like Chris Kreider went top shelf with a blistering wrist shot.
But the video evidence shows otherwise. Kreider, the New York Rangers’ forward, fanned on his shot as he was breaking into the Minnesota zone down the left wing, but still managed to beat Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom, who simply whiffed on the puck as it slid past him.
Just one of those nights.
The Wild were badly outplayed throughout most of the game, and were soundly beaten 4-1 by the host Rangers. Kreider’s goal gave New York a three-goal cushion in the third period.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 9
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)