Dec 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane is having perhaps his best season in the NHL.
He’s second in the league in points, trailing only Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby, and he’s been getting it done both by scoring goals (21) and assisting teammates (27).
“I think he’s a bigger goal-scorer because his physical maturity has come a long way,” Versteeg said. “He’s turning into a man; he’s not a little boy anymore. He definitely has always been the best player I’ve ever seen in my life on edges and the way he can get away from guys and get away from checks and create room for himself. Now, when you get older and stronger, that’s just going to create more for him.”
Kane’s play this season has him in the discussion for the Hart Trophy. Being that close to Crosby in the points race will make that happen, but so will being fourth in the league in goals.
While he’s nine back of Alex Ovechkin in that race, he’s a major reason why Chicago is sitting pretty in the Western Conference.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 0
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)