Dec 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane is having perhaps his best season in the NHL.
He’s second in the league in points, trailing only Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby, and he’s been getting it done both by scoring goals (21) and assisting teammates (27).
“I think he’s a bigger goal-scorer because his physical maturity has come a long way,” Versteeg said. “He’s turning into a man; he’s not a little boy anymore. He definitely has always been the best player I’ve ever seen in my life on edges and the way he can get away from guys and get away from checks and create room for himself. Now, when you get older and stronger, that’s just going to create more for him.”
Kane’s play this season has him in the discussion for the Hart Trophy. Being that close to Crosby in the points race will make that happen, but so will being fourth in the league in goals.
While he’s nine back of Alex Ovechkin in that race, he’s a major reason why Chicago is sitting pretty in the Western Conference.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)