Dec 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane is having perhaps his best season in the NHL.
He’s second in the league in points, trailing only Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby, and he’s been getting it done both by scoring goals (21) and assisting teammates (27).
“I think he’s a bigger goal-scorer because his physical maturity has come a long way,” Versteeg said. “He’s turning into a man; he’s not a little boy anymore. He definitely has always been the best player I’ve ever seen in my life on edges and the way he can get away from guys and get away from checks and create room for himself. Now, when you get older and stronger, that’s just going to create more for him.”
Kane’s play this season has him in the discussion for the Hart Trophy. Being that close to Crosby in the points race will make that happen, but so will being fourth in the league in goals.
While he’s nine back of Alex Ovechkin in that race, he’s a major reason why Chicago is sitting pretty in the Western Conference.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)