Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues blew out the Oilers 6-0 on Saturday, handing Edmonton its sixth loss in a row.
As it turns out, Chris Stewart appears to be as hot as the Oilers are cold. Stewart, 26, collected a hat trick and one assist to continue his strong recent work. He has eight goals and two assists in the last six games. He’s made up for lost time, as he has almost as many points in that six-game span (10) ans he had in the 29 games before (11).
The Oilers leave this game with few positives to ponder, as things went south after they generated a 14-5 shot advantage in the first period. After that point, the Blues carried the play in every area, including shots (28-9 through the final two frames).
For many Edmonton fans, the low point was the 6-0 goal:
Of course, the Oilers sadly have several tough moments to choose from, so maybe that was just another unfortunate moment.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)