Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues blew out the Oilers 6-0 on Saturday, handing Edmonton its sixth loss in a row.
As it turns out, Chris Stewart appears to be as hot as the Oilers are cold. Stewart, 26, collected a hat trick and one assist to continue his strong recent work. He has eight goals and two assists in the last six games. He’s made up for lost time, as he has almost as many points in that six-game span (10) ans he had in the 29 games before (11).
The Oilers leave this game with few positives to ponder, as things went south after they generated a 14-5 shot advantage in the first period. After that point, the Blues carried the play in every area, including shots (28-9 through the final two frames).
For many Edmonton fans, the low point was the 6-0 goal:
Of course, the Oilers sadly have several tough moments to choose from, so maybe that was just another unfortunate moment.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)