Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues blew out the Oilers 6-0 on Saturday, handing Edmonton its sixth loss in a row.
As it turns out, Chris Stewart appears to be as hot as the Oilers are cold. Stewart, 26, collected a hat trick and one assist to continue his strong recent work. He has eight goals and two assists in the last six games. He’s made up for lost time, as he has almost as many points in that six-game span (10) ans he had in the 29 games before (11).
The Oilers leave this game with few positives to ponder, as things went south after they generated a 14-5 shot advantage in the first period. After that point, the Blues carried the play in every area, including shots (28-9 through the final two frames).
For many Edmonton fans, the low point was the 6-0 goal:
Of course, the Oilers sadly have several tough moments to choose from, so maybe that was just another unfortunate moment.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17