Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues blew out the Oilers 6-0 on Saturday, handing Edmonton its sixth loss in a row.
As it turns out, Chris Stewart appears to be as hot as the Oilers are cold. Stewart, 26, collected a hat trick and one assist to continue his strong recent work. He has eight goals and two assists in the last six games. He’s made up for lost time, as he has almost as many points in that six-game span (10) ans he had in the 29 games before (11).
The Oilers leave this game with few positives to ponder, as things went south after they generated a 14-5 shot advantage in the first period. After that point, the Blues carried the play in every area, including shots (28-9 through the final two frames).
For many Edmonton fans, the low point was the 6-0 goal:
Of course, the Oilers sadly have several tough moments to choose from, so maybe that was just another unfortunate moment.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)