Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues blew out the Oilers 6-0 on Saturday, handing Edmonton its sixth loss in a row.
As it turns out, Chris Stewart appears to be as hot as the Oilers are cold. Stewart, 26, collected a hat trick and one assist to continue his strong recent work. He has eight goals and two assists in the last six games. He’s made up for lost time, as he has almost as many points in that six-game span (10) ans he had in the 29 games before (11).
The Oilers leave this game with few positives to ponder, as things went south after they generated a 14-5 shot advantage in the first period. After that point, the Blues carried the play in every area, including shots (28-9 through the final two frames).
For many Edmonton fans, the low point was the 6-0 goal:
Of course, the Oilers sadly have several tough moments to choose from, so maybe that was just another unfortunate moment.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)