Dec 22, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
the St. Louis Blues will be without their top offensive weapon this season for at least one game.
Steen is the team leader in goals (24) putting him second in the NHL in that category and first on the team in points (38), good for ninth in the league. David Backes and T.J. Oshie are the other two Blues players with 30 points this season.
This past Wednesday, Steen signed a three-year $17.4 million contract extension with the team. If there’s a positive here, the timing of this injury came at the right time with just their game on Monday before the three-day Christmas break from the 24-26. Their first game after the holiday break isn’t until Dec. 28 at Chicago.
The team recalled forward Dmitrij Jaskin to take his spot on the roster.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)