Dec 22, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
the St. Louis Blues will be without their top offensive weapon this season for at least one game.
Steen is the team leader in goals (24) putting him second in the NHL in that category and first on the team in points (38), good for ninth in the league. David Backes and T.J. Oshie are the other two Blues players with 30 points this season.
This past Wednesday, Steen signed a three-year $17.4 million contract extension with the team. If there’s a positive here, the timing of this injury came at the right time with just their game on Monday before the three-day Christmas break from the 24-26. Their first game after the holiday break isn’t until Dec. 28 at Chicago.
The team recalled forward Dmitrij Jaskin to take his spot on the roster.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8