Dec 22, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
the St. Louis Blues will be without their top offensive weapon this season for at least one game.
Steen is the team leader in goals (24) putting him second in the NHL in that category and first on the team in points (38), good for ninth in the league. David Backes and T.J. Oshie are the other two Blues players with 30 points this season.
This past Wednesday, Steen signed a three-year $17.4 million contract extension with the team. If there’s a positive here, the timing of this injury came at the right time with just their game on Monday before the three-day Christmas break from the 24-26. Their first game after the holiday break isn’t until Dec. 28 at Chicago.
The team recalled forward Dmitrij Jaskin to take his spot on the roster.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18