Dec 22, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
the St. Louis Blues will be without their top offensive weapon this season for at least one game.
Steen is the team leader in goals (24) putting him second in the NHL in that category and first on the team in points (38), good for ninth in the league. David Backes and T.J. Oshie are the other two Blues players with 30 points this season.
This past Wednesday, Steen signed a three-year $17.4 million contract extension with the team. If there’s a positive here, the timing of this injury came at the right time with just their game on Monday before the three-day Christmas break from the 24-26. Their first game after the holiday break isn’t until Dec. 28 at Chicago.
The team recalled forward Dmitrij Jaskin to take his spot on the roster.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)