Dec 22, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Dallas Stars defenseman Sergei Gonchar won’t return against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday after suffering an upper-body injury, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
(Observers note that upper-body injury might actually mean taking a puck to the face.)
It’s a shame for the 39-year-old, as Gonchar seemed like he was just starting to turn around his game lately. Eight of his 12 points have come in the last eight games before Saturday, including a stretch of six points over three contests.
No word on the severity of the injury just yet.
Update: San Jose ended up winning 3-2 via a shootout.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 12
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)