Dec 22, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Dallas Stars defenseman Sergei Gonchar won’t return against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday after suffering an upper-body injury, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
(Observers note that upper-body injury might actually mean taking a puck to the face.)
It’s a shame for the 39-year-old, as Gonchar seemed like he was just starting to turn around his game lately. Eight of his 12 points have come in the last eight games before Saturday, including a stretch of six points over three contests.
No word on the severity of the injury just yet.
Update: San Jose ended up winning 3-2 via a shootout.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)