Dec 22, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Dallas Stars defenseman Sergei Gonchar won’t return against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday after suffering an upper-body injury, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
(Observers note that upper-body injury might actually mean taking a puck to the face.)
It’s a shame for the 39-year-old, as Gonchar seemed like he was just starting to turn around his game lately. Eight of his 12 points have come in the last eight games before Saturday, including a stretch of six points over three contests.
No word on the severity of the injury just yet.
Update: San Jose ended up winning 3-2 via a shootout.
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 2
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 4
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 10
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 25
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)