Dec 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EST
Patrik Elias is closing in on a career milestone, but he still has some work to do.
Elias can hit the 1,000-point plateau this regular season, and that is something the 37-year-old New Jersey Devils’ veteran forward would like to get done this season, as well, according to The Star-Ledger. He currently sits at 954 regular season points throughout his career, which began with the Devils all the way back in the 1995-96 campaign.
Basic math: he needs 46 points the remainder of the way to hit 1,000 for his career. It’s definitely possible, but of course staying healthy is among the paramount factors in him getting it done this season, or next.
Through 29 games, Elias has 24 points, including five in the last three games, and 10 points in the last games.
He’s currently operating below a point-per-game clip on this season, and, with 45 games left on New Jersey’s schedule, would need to get above that level of production for the duration in order to hit the mark he’s currently chasing.
“I think he’s capable of that. I never measure guys’ play in points, but he should be a point-a-game guy. If he can do that, we’re going to be a lot better team over the second half,” Devils’ head coach Pete DeBoer told The New Jersey Star-Ledger.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)