Dec 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
Patrik Elias is closing in on a career milestone, but he still has some work to do.
Elias can hit the 1,000-point plateau this regular season, and that is something the 37-year-old New Jersey Devils’ veteran forward would like to get done this season, as well, according to The Star-Ledger. He currently sits at 954 regular season points throughout his career, which began with the Devils all the way back in the 1995-96 campaign.
Basic math: he needs 46 points the remainder of the way to hit 1,000 for his career. It’s definitely possible, but of course staying healthy is among the paramount factors in him getting it done this season, or next.
Through 29 games, Elias has 24 points, including five in the last three games, and 10 points in the last games.
He’s currently operating below a point-per-game clip on this season, and, with 45 games left on New Jersey’s schedule, would need to get above that level of production for the duration in order to hit the mark he’s currently chasing.
“I think he’s capable of that. I never measure guys’ play in points, but he should be a point-a-game guy. If he can do that, we’re going to be a lot better team over the second half,” Devils’ head coach Pete DeBoer told The New Jersey Star-Ledger.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 0
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)