Dec 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
Patrik Elias is closing in on a career milestone, but he still has some work to do.
Elias can hit the 1,000-point plateau this regular season, and that is something the 37-year-old New Jersey Devils’ veteran forward would like to get done this season, as well, according to The Star-Ledger. He currently sits at 954 regular season points throughout his career, which began with the Devils all the way back in the 1995-96 campaign.
Basic math: he needs 46 points the remainder of the way to hit 1,000 for his career. It’s definitely possible, but of course staying healthy is among the paramount factors in him getting it done this season, or next.
Through 29 games, Elias has 24 points, including five in the last three games, and 10 points in the last games.
He’s currently operating below a point-per-game clip on this season, and, with 45 games left on New Jersey’s schedule, would need to get above that level of production for the duration in order to hit the mark he’s currently chasing.
“I think he’s capable of that. I never measure guys’ play in points, but he should be a point-a-game guy. If he can do that, we’re going to be a lot better team over the second half,” Devils’ head coach Pete DeBoer told The New Jersey Star-Ledger.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)