Dec 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
Patrik Elias is closing in on a career milestone, but he still has some work to do.
Elias can hit the 1,000-point plateau this regular season, and that is something the 37-year-old New Jersey Devils’ veteran forward would like to get done this season, as well, according to The Star-Ledger. He currently sits at 954 regular season points throughout his career, which began with the Devils all the way back in the 1995-96 campaign.
Basic math: he needs 46 points the remainder of the way to hit 1,000 for his career. It’s definitely possible, but of course staying healthy is among the paramount factors in him getting it done this season, or next.
Through 29 games, Elias has 24 points, including five in the last three games, and 10 points in the last games.
He’s currently operating below a point-per-game clip on this season, and, with 45 games left on New Jersey’s schedule, would need to get above that level of production for the duration in order to hit the mark he’s currently chasing.
“I think he’s capable of that. I never measure guys’ play in points, but he should be a point-a-game guy. If he can do that, we’re going to be a lot better team over the second half,” Devils’ head coach Pete DeBoer told The New Jersey Star-Ledger.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)