Dec 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EST
Patrik Elias is closing in on a career milestone, but he still has some work to do.
Elias can hit the 1,000-point plateau this regular season, and that is something the 37-year-old New Jersey Devils’ veteran forward would like to get done this season, as well, according to The Star-Ledger. He currently sits at 954 regular season points throughout his career, which began with the Devils all the way back in the 1995-96 campaign.
Basic math: he needs 46 points the remainder of the way to hit 1,000 for his career. It’s definitely possible, but of course staying healthy is among the paramount factors in him getting it done this season, or next.
Through 29 games, Elias has 24 points, including five in the last three games, and 10 points in the last games.
He’s currently operating below a point-per-game clip on this season, and, with 45 games left on New Jersey’s schedule, would need to get above that level of production for the duration in order to hit the mark he’s currently chasing.
“I think he’s capable of that. I never measure guys’ play in points, but he should be a point-a-game guy. If he can do that, we’re going to be a lot better team over the second half,” Devils’ head coach Pete DeBoer told The New Jersey Star-Ledger.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)