Dec 22, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
When it comes to injuries and the Columbus Blue Jackets, the news this season has been mostly bad.
Saturday, the Blue Jackets lost Marian Gaborik to a broken collarbone on a hit from Philadelphia Flyers’ enforcer Zac Rinaldo. Matt Calvert also left that game with an upper-body injury, and was expected to be re-evaluated Sunday, as per Rob Mixer of the Blue Jackets.
Doesn’t necessarily add much scoring into the lineup. MacKenize, who missed the last two games, has two goals and three points in 28 games. Skille, who missed Saturday’s game, has three goals in eight games this season.
“I’ve never been part of a team with the injuries like this…it’s the length of some of these injuries, too,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards said.
“The other night, after the Winnipeg game, there was a line to go in with the trainers that was almost as long as the guys just coming off the ice to their stalls.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)