Dec 22, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
When it comes to injuries and the Columbus Blue Jackets, the news this season has been mostly bad.
Saturday, the Blue Jackets lost Marian Gaborik to a broken collarbone on a hit from Philadelphia Flyers’ enforcer Zac Rinaldo. Matt Calvert also left that game with an upper-body injury, and was expected to be re-evaluated Sunday, as per Rob Mixer of the Blue Jackets.
Doesn’t necessarily add much scoring into the lineup. MacKenize, who missed the last two games, has two goals and three points in 28 games. Skille, who missed Saturday’s game, has three goals in eight games this season.
“I’ve never been part of a team with the injuries like this…it’s the length of some of these injuries, too,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards said.
“The other night, after the Winnipeg game, there was a line to go in with the trainers that was almost as long as the guys just coming off the ice to their stalls.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40