Dec 22, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
When it comes to injuries and the Columbus Blue Jackets, the news this season has been mostly bad.
Saturday, the Blue Jackets lost Marian Gaborik to a broken collarbone on a hit from Philadelphia Flyers’ enforcer Zac Rinaldo. Matt Calvert also left that game with an upper-body injury, and was expected to be re-evaluated Sunday, as per Rob Mixer of the Blue Jackets.
Doesn’t necessarily add much scoring into the lineup. MacKenize, who missed the last two games, has two goals and three points in 28 games. Skille, who missed Saturday’s game, has three goals in eight games this season.
“I’ve never been part of a team with the injuries like this…it’s the length of some of these injuries, too,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards said.
“The other night, after the Winnipeg game, there was a line to go in with the trainers that was almost as long as the guys just coming off the ice to their stalls.”
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35