Dec 22, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
When it comes to injuries and the Columbus Blue Jackets, the news this season has been mostly bad.
Saturday, the Blue Jackets lost Marian Gaborik to a broken collarbone on a hit from Philadelphia Flyers’ enforcer Zac Rinaldo. Matt Calvert also left that game with an upper-body injury, and was expected to be re-evaluated Sunday, as per Rob Mixer of the Blue Jackets.
Doesn’t necessarily add much scoring into the lineup. MacKenize, who missed the last two games, has two goals and three points in 28 games. Skille, who missed Saturday’s game, has three goals in eight games this season.
“I’ve never been part of a team with the injuries like this…it’s the length of some of these injuries, too,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards said.
“The other night, after the Winnipeg game, there was a line to go in with the trainers that was almost as long as the guys just coming off the ice to their stalls.”
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 32
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 44
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (45)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)