Dec 22, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
When it comes to injuries and the Columbus Blue Jackets, the news this season has been mostly bad.
Saturday, the Blue Jackets lost Marian Gaborik to a broken collarbone on a hit from Philadelphia Flyers’ enforcer Zac Rinaldo. Matt Calvert also left that game with an upper-body injury, and was expected to be re-evaluated Sunday, as per Rob Mixer of the Blue Jackets.
Doesn’t necessarily add much scoring into the lineup. MacKenize, who missed the last two games, has two goals and three points in 28 games. Skille, who missed Saturday’s game, has three goals in eight games this season.
“I’ve never been part of a team with the injuries like this…it’s the length of some of these injuries, too,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards said.
“The other night, after the Winnipeg game, there was a line to go in with the trainers that was almost as long as the guys just coming off the ice to their stalls.”
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)