Dec 21, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Many would call Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron a “do-it-all” type player, but he basically never drops the gloves. As Saturday shows, he makes those bouts of fisticuffs count.
That counts as Bergeron’s first regular season fight. The Bruins point out that he’s been in two playoff ones: against Evgeni Malkin in 2013 and Josh Gorges in 2009. CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks that the 28-year-old basically kissed the Lady Byng goodbye tonight.
To be fair Myers, he didn’t seem to have much of a choice. For a guy with his size (or at least height), the 23-year-old also hasn’t dropped the gloves all that often, either.
Update: Boston ended up winning 4-1 tonight.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 9
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)