Dec 21, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
Many would call Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron a “do-it-all” type player, but he basically never drops the gloves. As Saturday shows, he makes those bouts of fisticuffs count.
That counts as Bergeron’s first regular season fight. The Bruins point out that he’s been in two playoff ones: against Evgeni Malkin in 2013 and Josh Gorges in 2009. CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks that the 28-year-old basically kissed the Lady Byng goodbye tonight.
To be fair Myers, he didn’t seem to have much of a choice. For a guy with his size (or at least height), the 23-year-old also hasn’t dropped the gloves all that often, either.
Update: Boston ended up winning 4-1 tonight.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)