Dec 21, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Many would call Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron a “do-it-all” type player, but he basically never drops the gloves. As Saturday shows, he makes those bouts of fisticuffs count.
That counts as Bergeron’s first regular season fight. The Bruins point out that he’s been in two playoff ones: against Evgeni Malkin in 2013 and Josh Gorges in 2009. CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks that the 28-year-old basically kissed the Lady Byng goodbye tonight.
To be fair Myers, he didn’t seem to have much of a choice. For a guy with his size (or at least height), the 23-year-old also hasn’t dropped the gloves all that often, either.
Update: Boston ended up winning 4-1 tonight.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6