Dec 21, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
Downie will be unavailable for the next seven to 10 days because of an upper-body injury. He previously missed four contests in November with a concussion.
He’s known for his ability to get under opponents’ skin, but he can hold his own with the puck. Despite missing almost all of the 2013 campaign due to a knee injury, he’s bounced back with three goals and 19 points in 31 games this season.
Naturally, the Flyers upcoming schedule is rather light because of Christmas. After tonight, Philadelphia will host Minnesota on Monday (NBCSN, 7:30 p.m. ET) and then begin a road trip in Edmonton on Dec. 28.
Philadelphia earned five points in its last three contests to gain a razor thin lead in the battle for third place in the Metropolitan.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)