Dec 21, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
Downie will be unavailable for the next seven to 10 days because of an upper-body injury. He previously missed four contests in November with a concussion.
He’s known for his ability to get under opponents’ skin, but he can hold his own with the puck. Despite missing almost all of the 2013 campaign due to a knee injury, he’s bounced back with three goals and 19 points in 31 games this season.
Naturally, the Flyers upcoming schedule is rather light because of Christmas. After tonight, Philadelphia will host Minnesota on Monday (NBCSN, 7:30 p.m. ET) and then begin a road trip in Edmonton on Dec. 28.
Philadelphia earned five points in its last three contests to gain a razor thin lead in the battle for third place in the Metropolitan.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63