Dec 21, 2013, 4:25 PM EST
Downie will be unavailable for the next seven to 10 days because of an upper-body injury. He previously missed four contests in November with a concussion.
He’s known for his ability to get under opponents’ skin, but he can hold his own with the puck. Despite missing almost all of the 2013 campaign due to a knee injury, he’s bounced back with three goals and 19 points in 31 games this season.
Naturally, the Flyers upcoming schedule is rather light because of Christmas. After tonight, Philadelphia will host Minnesota on Monday (NBCSN, 7:30 p.m. ET) and then begin a road trip in Edmonton on Dec. 28.
Philadelphia earned five points in its last three contests to gain a razor thin lead in the battle for third place in the Metropolitan.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8