Dec 21, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
Downie will be unavailable for the next seven to 10 days because of an upper-body injury. He previously missed four contests in November with a concussion.
He’s known for his ability to get under opponents’ skin, but he can hold his own with the puck. Despite missing almost all of the 2013 campaign due to a knee injury, he’s bounced back with three goals and 19 points in 31 games this season.
Naturally, the Flyers upcoming schedule is rather light because of Christmas. After tonight, Philadelphia will host Minnesota on Monday (NBCSN, 7:30 p.m. ET) and then begin a road trip in Edmonton on Dec. 28.
Philadelphia earned five points in its last three contests to gain a razor thin lead in the battle for third place in the Metropolitan.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)