Dec 21, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
It looks like the struggling Phoenix Coyotes will get some extra help for this afternoon’s match against the Ottawa Senators.
Lauri Korpikoski has been activated off of the injured reserve list and is projected to return today, reports the Phoenix Coyotes’ Dave Vest. He hasn’t played since Nov. 16 due to an upper-body problem.
Korpikoski will try to pick up right where he left off, as he had three goals and five points in his last four contests prior to the ailment. The 27-year-old isn’t one of the team’s top players, but he’s a physical forward that can chip in offensively. His presence will be particularly useful while Shane Doan recovers from a serious disease.
The Coyotes have found the back of the net just once in each of their last three games and have consequently lost all of those contests. They’ll try to reverse that trend to prevent themselves from slipping further in the battle for a Wild Card spot.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 0
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 13
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10