Dec 21, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
It looks like the struggling Phoenix Coyotes will get some extra help for this afternoon’s match against the Ottawa Senators.
Lauri Korpikoski has been activated off of the injured reserve list and is projected to return today, reports the Phoenix Coyotes’ Dave Vest. He hasn’t played since Nov. 16 due to an upper-body problem.
Korpikoski will try to pick up right where he left off, as he had three goals and five points in his last four contests prior to the ailment. The 27-year-old isn’t one of the team’s top players, but he’s a physical forward that can chip in offensively. His presence will be particularly useful while Shane Doan recovers from a serious disease.
The Coyotes have found the back of the net just once in each of their last three games and have consequently lost all of those contests. They’ll try to reverse that trend to prevent themselves from slipping further in the battle for a Wild Card spot.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 0
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 10
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 87
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)