Dec 21, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
It looks like the struggling Phoenix Coyotes will get some extra help for this afternoon’s match against the Ottawa Senators.
Lauri Korpikoski has been activated off of the injured reserve list and is projected to return today, reports the Phoenix Coyotes’ Dave Vest. He hasn’t played since Nov. 16 due to an upper-body problem.
Korpikoski will try to pick up right where he left off, as he had three goals and five points in his last four contests prior to the ailment. The 27-year-old isn’t one of the team’s top players, but he’s a physical forward that can chip in offensively. His presence will be particularly useful while Shane Doan recovers from a serious disease.
The Coyotes have found the back of the net just once in each of their last three games and have consequently lost all of those contests. They’ll try to reverse that trend to prevent themselves from slipping further in the battle for a Wild Card spot.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 4
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 41
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (76)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)