Dec 21, 2013, 1:47 PM EST
It looks like the struggling Phoenix Coyotes will get some extra help for this afternoon’s match against the Ottawa Senators.
Lauri Korpikoski has been activated off of the injured reserve list and is projected to return today, reports the Phoenix Coyotes’ Dave Vest. He hasn’t played since Nov. 16 due to an upper-body problem.
Korpikoski will try to pick up right where he left off, as he had three goals and five points in his last four contests prior to the ailment. The 27-year-old isn’t one of the team’s top players, but he’s a physical forward that can chip in offensively. His presence will be particularly useful while Shane Doan recovers from a serious disease.
The Coyotes have found the back of the net just once in each of their last three games and have consequently lost all of those contests. They’ll try to reverse that trend to prevent themselves from slipping further in the battle for a Wild Card spot.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)