Dec 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr scored the 694th goal of his NHL career on Saturday, helping the New Jersey Devils beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT and reaching another milestone in the process.
That tally ties him for seventh all-time with Mark Messier. He passed Steve Yzerman earlier this week.
It could take a while – possibly another season – to reach sixth place, however. Mike Gartner currently owns that spot with 708 goals.
In the meantime, Jagr and the Devils other old fogies merely pine for the playoffs. New Jersey has won three of four to improve to 15-15-7 while the Caps continue to rotate wins and losses at 19-13-4.
(Speaking of prolific goal scorers, Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal on Saturday. Maybe he’ll push Jagr’s totals in the future?)
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 24
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 60
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)