Dec 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr scored the 694th goal of his NHL career on Saturday, helping the New Jersey Devils beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT and reaching another milestone in the process.
That tally ties him for seventh all-time with Mark Messier. He passed Steve Yzerman earlier this week.
It could take a while – possibly another season – to reach sixth place, however. Mike Gartner currently owns that spot with 708 goals.
In the meantime, Jagr and the Devils other old fogies merely pine for the playoffs. New Jersey has won three of four to improve to 15-15-7 while the Caps continue to rotate wins and losses at 19-13-4.
(Speaking of prolific goal scorers, Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal on Saturday. Maybe he’ll push Jagr’s totals in the future?)
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)