Dec 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr scored the 694th goal of his NHL career on Saturday, helping the New Jersey Devils beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT and reaching another milestone in the process.
That tally ties him for seventh all-time with Mark Messier. He passed Steve Yzerman earlier this week.
It could take a while – possibly another season – to reach sixth place, however. Mike Gartner currently owns that spot with 708 goals.
In the meantime, Jagr and the Devils other old fogies merely pine for the playoffs. New Jersey has won three of four to improve to 15-15-7 while the Caps continue to rotate wins and losses at 19-13-4.
(Speaking of prolific goal scorers, Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal on Saturday. Maybe he’ll push Jagr’s totals in the future?)
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 19
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)