Dec 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr scored the 694th goal of his NHL career on Saturday, helping the New Jersey Devils beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT and reaching another milestone in the process.
That tally ties him for seventh all-time with Mark Messier. He passed Steve Yzerman earlier this week.
It could take a while – possibly another season – to reach sixth place, however. Mike Gartner currently owns that spot with 708 goals.
In the meantime, Jagr and the Devils other old fogies merely pine for the playoffs. New Jersey has won three of four to improve to 15-15-7 while the Caps continue to rotate wins and losses at 19-13-4.
(Speaking of prolific goal scorers, Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal on Saturday. Maybe he’ll push Jagr’s totals in the future?)
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (96)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)