Dec 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr scored the 694th goal of his NHL career on Saturday, helping the New Jersey Devils beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT and reaching another milestone in the process.
That tally ties him for seventh all-time with Mark Messier. He passed Steve Yzerman earlier this week.
It could take a while – possibly another season – to reach sixth place, however. Mike Gartner currently owns that spot with 708 goals.
In the meantime, Jagr and the Devils other old fogies merely pine for the playoffs. New Jersey has won three of four to improve to 15-15-7 while the Caps continue to rotate wins and losses at 19-13-4.
(Speaking of prolific goal scorers, Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal on Saturday. Maybe he’ll push Jagr’s totals in the future?)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)