Dec 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Taylor Hall didn’t have a problem with that level of punishment itself, but he felt that Gagner’s penalty was increased from a two-minute minor after the incident was replayed on the Pepsi Center’s jumbotron.
“I was just questioning the fact that they could change their call,” Hall said, according to the Edmonton Sun.
“(The incident) didn’t look great, it maybe should have been a five to start it off, I was just questioning why they could change it like that.”
Hall also ended up with an unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the first period, forcing the team to start the second frame with a 5-on-3 disadvantage. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins went to talk to the referees after the first intermission.
He claims he “was basically told by the ref to … I can’t say what he said to me.”
Colorado ended up scoring with the two-man advantage, but that’s not what completely sank the Oilers. The ultimately fatal blow came towards the end of the period after Colorado’s Patrick Bordeleau got tagged for interference and the Oilers responded by allowing their league-worst eighth shorthanded goal.
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 1
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 13
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)