Dec 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Taylor Hall didn’t have a problem with that level of punishment itself, but he felt that Gagner’s penalty was increased from a two-minute minor after the incident was replayed on the Pepsi Center’s jumbotron.
“I was just questioning the fact that they could change their call,” Hall said, according to the Edmonton Sun.
“(The incident) didn’t look great, it maybe should have been a five to start it off, I was just questioning why they could change it like that.”
Hall also ended up with an unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the first period, forcing the team to start the second frame with a 5-on-3 disadvantage. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins went to talk to the referees after the first intermission.
He claims he “was basically told by the ref to … I can’t say what he said to me.”
Colorado ended up scoring with the two-man advantage, but that’s not what completely sank the Oilers. The ultimately fatal blow came towards the end of the period after Colorado’s Patrick Bordeleau got tagged for interference and the Oilers responded by allowing their league-worst eighth shorthanded goal.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22