Dec 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Taylor Hall didn’t have a problem with that level of punishment itself, but he felt that Gagner’s penalty was increased from a two-minute minor after the incident was replayed on the Pepsi Center’s jumbotron.
“I was just questioning the fact that they could change their call,” Hall said, according to the Edmonton Sun.
“(The incident) didn’t look great, it maybe should have been a five to start it off, I was just questioning why they could change it like that.”
Hall also ended up with an unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the first period, forcing the team to start the second frame with a 5-on-3 disadvantage. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins went to talk to the referees after the first intermission.
He claims he “was basically told by the ref to … I can’t say what he said to me.”
Colorado ended up scoring with the two-man advantage, but that’s not what completely sank the Oilers. The ultimately fatal blow came towards the end of the period after Colorado’s Patrick Bordeleau got tagged for interference and the Oilers responded by allowing their league-worst eighth shorthanded goal.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)