Dec 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Taylor Hall didn’t have a problem with that level of punishment itself, but he felt that Gagner’s penalty was increased from a two-minute minor after the incident was replayed on the Pepsi Center’s jumbotron.
“I was just questioning the fact that they could change their call,” Hall said, according to the Edmonton Sun.
“(The incident) didn’t look great, it maybe should have been a five to start it off, I was just questioning why they could change it like that.”
Hall also ended up with an unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the first period, forcing the team to start the second frame with a 5-on-3 disadvantage. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins went to talk to the referees after the first intermission.
He claims he “was basically told by the ref to … I can’t say what he said to me.”
Colorado ended up scoring with the two-man advantage, but that’s not what completely sank the Oilers. The ultimately fatal blow came towards the end of the period after Colorado’s Patrick Bordeleau got tagged for interference and the Oilers responded by allowing their league-worst eighth shorthanded goal.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)