Dec 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Taylor Hall didn’t have a problem with that level of punishment itself, but he felt that Gagner’s penalty was increased from a two-minute minor after the incident was replayed on the Pepsi Center’s jumbotron.
“I was just questioning the fact that they could change their call,” Hall said, according to the Edmonton Sun.
“(The incident) didn’t look great, it maybe should have been a five to start it off, I was just questioning why they could change it like that.”
Hall also ended up with an unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the first period, forcing the team to start the second frame with a 5-on-3 disadvantage. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins went to talk to the referees after the first intermission.
He claims he “was basically told by the ref to … I can’t say what he said to me.”
Colorado ended up scoring with the two-man advantage, but that’s not what completely sank the Oilers. The ultimately fatal blow came towards the end of the period after Colorado’s Patrick Bordeleau got tagged for interference and the Oilers responded by allowing their league-worst eighth shorthanded goal.
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 58
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 164
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (164)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)