Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson confirmed as much, although he cautioned that due to the swelling, a full evaluation still hasn’t been made. The possibility of the 20-year-old forward needing surgery also hasn’t been taken off of the table.
To make matters more grim, Wilson wasn’t comfortable saying definitely that Hertl would be back this season.
“It’s too early,” Wilson told reporters. “Ask me in a week or two or three. Right now the prognosis is a month, but we are prepared that it could be longer. How much longer? I don’t know.”
Hertl leads all rookies with 15 goals and 25 points in 35 games this season. He sustained the injury because of a knee-on-knee hit from Los Angeles’ Dustin Brown.
You can watch Wilson’s interview below, courtesy of the Sharks’ official website.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37