Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson confirmed as much, although he cautioned that due to the swelling, a full evaluation still hasn’t been made. The possibility of the 20-year-old forward needing surgery also hasn’t been taken off of the table.
To make matters more grim, Wilson wasn’t comfortable saying definitely that Hertl would be back this season.
“It’s too early,” Wilson told reporters. “Ask me in a week or two or three. Right now the prognosis is a month, but we are prepared that it could be longer. How much longer? I don’t know.”
Hertl leads all rookies with 15 goals and 25 points in 35 games this season. He sustained the injury because of a knee-on-knee hit from Los Angeles’ Dustin Brown.
You can watch Wilson’s interview below, courtesy of the Sharks’ official website.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 9
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 86
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (86)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)