Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson confirmed as much, although he cautioned that due to the swelling, a full evaluation still hasn’t been made. The possibility of the 20-year-old forward needing surgery also hasn’t been taken off of the table.
To make matters more grim, Wilson wasn’t comfortable saying definitely that Hertl would be back this season.
“It’s too early,” Wilson told reporters. “Ask me in a week or two or three. Right now the prognosis is a month, but we are prepared that it could be longer. How much longer? I don’t know.”
Hertl leads all rookies with 15 goals and 25 points in 35 games this season. He sustained the injury because of a knee-on-knee hit from Los Angeles’ Dustin Brown.
You can watch Wilson’s interview below, courtesy of the Sharks’ official website.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)