Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson confirmed as much, although he cautioned that due to the swelling, a full evaluation still hasn’t been made. The possibility of the 20-year-old forward needing surgery also hasn’t been taken off of the table.
To make matters more grim, Wilson wasn’t comfortable saying definitely that Hertl would be back this season.
“It’s too early,” Wilson told reporters. “Ask me in a week or two or three. Right now the prognosis is a month, but we are prepared that it could be longer. How much longer? I don’t know.”
Hertl leads all rookies with 15 goals and 25 points in 35 games this season. He sustained the injury because of a knee-on-knee hit from Los Angeles’ Dustin Brown.
You can watch Wilson’s interview below, courtesy of the Sharks’ official website.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15