Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson confirmed as much, although he cautioned that due to the swelling, a full evaluation still hasn’t been made. The possibility of the 20-year-old forward needing surgery also hasn’t been taken off of the table.
To make matters more grim, Wilson wasn’t comfortable saying definitely that Hertl would be back this season.
“It’s too early,” Wilson told reporters. “Ask me in a week or two or three. Right now the prognosis is a month, but we are prepared that it could be longer. How much longer? I don’t know.”
Hertl leads all rookies with 15 goals and 25 points in 35 games this season. He sustained the injury because of a knee-on-knee hit from Los Angeles’ Dustin Brown.
You can watch Wilson’s interview below, courtesy of the Sharks’ official website.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5