Dec 21, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
Curtis Glencross‘ string of bad luck continued this afternoon. He will not return to Calgary’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins after falling awkwardly into the boards during his first shift, reports the Calgary Flames.
Although the Flames are calling it a lower-body injury, his knee is hurt again, according to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions.
The 30-year-old forward was sidelined for about a month due to a knee problem before returning on Dec. 12. This was just his sixth contest since rejoining the Flames.
When he has been able to play, he’s been solid with six goals and 12 points in 20 matches, not including today’s contest. He has also been averaging 18:50 minutes per game.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 30
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)