Dec 21, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
Curtis Glencross‘ string of bad luck continued this afternoon. He will not return to Calgary’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins after falling awkwardly into the boards during his first shift, reports the Calgary Flames.
Although the Flames are calling it a lower-body injury, his knee is hurt again, according to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions.
The 30-year-old forward was sidelined for about a month due to a knee problem before returning on Dec. 12. This was just his sixth contest since rejoining the Flames.
When he has been able to play, he’s been solid with six goals and 12 points in 20 matches, not including today’s contest. He has also been averaging 18:50 minutes per game.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15