Dec 21, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
Curtis Glencross‘ string of bad luck continued this afternoon. He will not return to Calgary’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins after falling awkwardly into the boards during his first shift, reports the Calgary Flames.
Although the Flames are calling it a lower-body injury, his knee is hurt again, according to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions.
The 30-year-old forward was sidelined for about a month due to a knee problem before returning on Dec. 12. This was just his sixth contest since rejoining the Flames.
When he has been able to play, he’s been solid with six goals and 12 points in 20 matches, not including today’s contest. He has also been averaging 18:50 minutes per game.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)