Dec 21, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
Curtis Glencross‘ string of bad luck continued this afternoon. He will not return to Calgary’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins after falling awkwardly into the boards during his first shift, reports the Calgary Flames.
Although the Flames are calling it a lower-body injury, his knee is hurt again, according to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions.
The 30-year-old forward was sidelined for about a month due to a knee problem before returning on Dec. 12. This was just his sixth contest since rejoining the Flames.
When he has been able to play, he’s been solid with six goals and 12 points in 20 matches, not including today’s contest. He has also been averaging 18:50 minutes per game.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)