Dec 21, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Dustin Penner had a nice run outside of Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau’s doghouse, but it looks like he’s back in there.
Penner and Hampus Lindholm were surprise scratches (along with Teemu Selanne, who presumably is just getting his agreed-upon rest) on Saturday against the New York Islanders, the OC Register’s Eric Stephens points out.
Penner, 31, saw some time on the Ducks’ fourth line on Friday, only logging 11:44 of ice time last night. His production has definitely suffered lately after putting together the kind of work that was making him seem like one of the best steals in free agency; Penner only has one goal and zero assists in his past six games. For that reason, Stephens might be right in assuming that this is a motivational ploy from Boudreau.
(Stephens points out that Lindholm, 19, may merely be getting rest like Selanne.)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)