Dec 21, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Stephen Weiss hasn’t played since Dec. 10 due to a groin injury and he’s likely to miss at least two more weeks. It might prove to be significantly longer than that though, based on a report from the Detroit News.
The X-Factor is that Weiss’ doctor has recommended that he undergoes surgery. If he goes that route, then he would probably be available after the Olympic break.
Alternatively, he might decide to wait and attempt to play through the injury. It’s worth adding that this is his second stint on the sidelines due to a groin injury after missing six games in November.
Weiss is expected to make a decision in the next couple of days. After inking a five-year, $24.5 million contract over the summer, he has just four points in 26 contests.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)