Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Although the Blues are calling it a lower-body injury, Polak might have hurt his ankle in the second period of Thursday’s contest, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. He’s expected to be sidelined for at least two weeks before he’s re-evaluated.
The 27-year-old blueliner was one of eight players to appear in all 34 of the Blues games this season. That streak will obviously end tonight when St. Louis faces the Edmonton Oilers. He had seven points and 24 penalty minutes while averaging 17:25 minutes per contest.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5