Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Although the Blues are calling it a lower-body injury, Polak might have hurt his ankle in the second period of Thursday’s contest, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. He’s expected to be sidelined for at least two weeks before he’s re-evaluated.
The 27-year-old blueliner was one of eight players to appear in all 34 of the Blues games this season. That streak will obviously end tonight when St. Louis faces the Edmonton Oilers. He had seven points and 24 penalty minutes while averaging 17:25 minutes per contest.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7