Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Although the Blues are calling it a lower-body injury, Polak might have hurt his ankle in the second period of Thursday’s contest, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. He’s expected to be sidelined for at least two weeks before he’s re-evaluated.
The 27-year-old blueliner was one of eight players to appear in all 34 of the Blues games this season. That streak will obviously end tonight when St. Louis faces the Edmonton Oilers. He had seven points and 24 penalty minutes while averaging 17:25 minutes per contest.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8