Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Although the Blues are calling it a lower-body injury, Polak might have hurt his ankle in the second period of Thursday’s contest, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. He’s expected to be sidelined for at least two weeks before he’s re-evaluated.
The 27-year-old blueliner was one of eight players to appear in all 34 of the Blues games this season. That streak will obviously end tonight when St. Louis faces the Edmonton Oilers. He had seven points and 24 penalty minutes while averaging 17:25 minutes per contest.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7