Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Brown was given a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct for his hit on Sharks rookie Tomas Hertl. Hertl left the game and did not return.
As could be expected, Kings coach Darryl Sutter didn’t agree with call and said as much following the game as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares.
“You lose a player for almost the whole game when you’re in this type of schedule – that is not the right call. Clear. No more questions about it. I saw it live and I saw two or three replays. It’s not the right call.”
Unsurprisingly, Sharks coach Todd McLellan didn’t share the same viewpoint but said it was up to the NHL Department of Player Safety to decide how bad it was.
Brown has a bit of a history with bad hits around the knee. His hit on then Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Michal Rozsival during Game 5 of the 2012 Western Conference Final left Coyotes players and fans alike furious over the lack of call or league discipline for the hit.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)