Dec 20, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
Brown, 29, adamantly believes that officials got the call wrong by giving him a game misconduct and five-minute major. The league hasn’t gone as far as to rescind the penalty, however, according to Elliott.
There’s still some uncertainty regarding how much time Hertl, 20, might miss, but some estimates call for a month or more.
Despite being one of the league’s most frequent hitters, Brown only has one suspension (two games in April) on his record.
Here’s video of the hit:
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20