Dec 20, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
Brown, 29, adamantly believes that officials got the call wrong by giving him a game misconduct and five-minute major. The league hasn’t gone as far as to rescind the penalty, however, according to Elliott.
There’s still some uncertainty regarding how much time Hertl, 20, might miss, but some estimates call for a month or more.
Despite being one of the league’s most frequent hitters, Brown only has one suspension (two games in April) on his record.
Here’s video of the hit:
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8