Dec 20, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
Brown, 29, adamantly believes that officials got the call wrong by giving him a game misconduct and five-minute major. The league hasn’t gone as far as to rescind the penalty, however, according to Elliott.
There’s still some uncertainty regarding how much time Hertl, 20, might miss, but some estimates call for a month or more.
Despite being one of the league’s most frequent hitters, Brown only has one suspension (two games in April) on his record.
Here’s video of the hit:
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 18
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 7
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 10
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 24
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)