Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It won’t take long for Linus Omark to draw into the Buffalo lineup.
“With the injuries that are occurring, losing [Cody] McCormick and we don’t know about (the injury to Cody) Hodgson yet,” Nolan told the Sabres website. “It could be a good time for him. He’s a very talented young man so maybe it’s perfect timing.”
The 26-year-old Swede, who led the Swiss league with 69 points in 48 games last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability — but has also had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
After breaking in with the Oilers in 2010-11 and scoring 27 points in 51 games, Omark has appeared in just 14 NHL contests since and only one this year, spending the majority of his time with AHL Oklahoma City (where he has 29 points in 29 games).
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 8
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)