Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It won’t take long for Linus Omark to draw into the Buffalo lineup.
“With the injuries that are occurring, losing [Cody] McCormick and we don’t know about (the injury to Cody) Hodgson yet,” Nolan told the Sabres website. “It could be a good time for him. He’s a very talented young man so maybe it’s perfect timing.”
The 26-year-old Swede, who led the Swiss league with 69 points in 48 games last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability — but has also had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
After breaking in with the Oilers in 2010-11 and scoring 27 points in 51 games, Omark has appeared in just 14 NHL contests since and only one this year, spending the majority of his time with AHL Oklahoma City (where he has 29 points in 29 games).
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54