Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It won’t take long for Linus Omark to draw into the Buffalo lineup.
“With the injuries that are occurring, losing [Cody] McCormick and we don’t know about (the injury to Cody) Hodgson yet,” Nolan told the Sabres website. “It could be a good time for him. He’s a very talented young man so maybe it’s perfect timing.”
The 26-year-old Swede, who led the Swiss league with 69 points in 48 games last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability — but has also had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
After breaking in with the Oilers in 2010-11 and scoring 27 points in 51 games, Omark has appeared in just 14 NHL contests since and only one this year, spending the majority of his time with AHL Oklahoma City (where he has 29 points in 29 games).
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38