Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It won’t take long for Linus Omark to draw into the Buffalo lineup.
“With the injuries that are occurring, losing [Cody] McCormick and we don’t know about (the injury to Cody) Hodgson yet,” Nolan told the Sabres website. “It could be a good time for him. He’s a very talented young man so maybe it’s perfect timing.”
The 26-year-old Swede, who led the Swiss league with 69 points in 48 games last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability — but has also had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
After breaking in with the Oilers in 2010-11 and scoring 27 points in 51 games, Omark has appeared in just 14 NHL contests since and only one this year, spending the majority of his time with AHL Oklahoma City (where he has 29 points in 29 games).
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)