Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
It won’t take long for Linus Omark to draw into the Buffalo lineup.
“With the injuries that are occurring, losing [Cody] McCormick and we don’t know about (the injury to Cody) Hodgson yet,” Nolan told the Sabres website. “It could be a good time for him. He’s a very talented young man so maybe it’s perfect timing.”
The 26-year-old Swede, who led the Swiss league with 69 points in 48 games last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability — but has also had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
After breaking in with the Oilers in 2010-11 and scoring 27 points in 51 games, Omark has appeared in just 14 NHL contests since and only one this year, spending the majority of his time with AHL Oklahoma City (where he has 29 points in 29 games).
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)