Dec 20, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Last night in Dallas, the Vancouver Canucks suffered their first regulation defeat since Nov. 30.
Not one of the Canucks played particularly well in the 4-1 loss to the Stars, but one of them was especially hard on himself after the game.
“That third goal I gave up there was a back-breaker for our guys,” goalie Roberto Luongo said, per the Vancouver Sun. “It was a wrister, I stopped it with my glove and it kind of just fell down and I think it might have fallen between my legs or something and it just trickled in. Whatever it is, it’s an inexcusable goal at that point of the game.”
Here’s the goal, by the Stars’ Erik Cole:
Luongo was eventually replaced by backup Eddie Lack, who seems the favorite to get the start tonight in Chicago.
Canucks coach John Tortorella admitted that the Cole goal “hurt,” but he didn’t put it all on his netminder.
“We couldn’t score,” he said. “The third one hurt us a bit, but we have some power plays to get us back in and we don’t get it done.”
With the four goals he surrendered on 19 shots, Luongo’s save percentage dropped to a still-respectable .919 on the season.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 12
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 13
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)