Dec 20, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Last night in Dallas, the Vancouver Canucks suffered their first regulation defeat since Nov. 30.
Not one of the Canucks played particularly well in the 4-1 loss to the Stars, but one of them was especially hard on himself after the game.
“That third goal I gave up there was a back-breaker for our guys,” goalie Roberto Luongo said, per the Vancouver Sun. “It was a wrister, I stopped it with my glove and it kind of just fell down and I think it might have fallen between my legs or something and it just trickled in. Whatever it is, it’s an inexcusable goal at that point of the game.”
Here’s the goal, by the Stars’ Erik Cole:
Luongo was eventually replaced by backup Eddie Lack, who seems the favorite to get the start tonight in Chicago.
Canucks coach John Tortorella admitted that the Cole goal “hurt,” but he didn’t put it all on his netminder.
“We couldn’t score,” he said. “The third one hurt us a bit, but we have some power plays to get us back in and we don’t get it done.”
With the four goals he surrendered on 19 shots, Luongo’s save percentage dropped to a still-respectable .919 on the season.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 10
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 23
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)