Dec 20, 2013, 11:13 AM EST
Last night in Dallas, the Vancouver Canucks suffered their first regulation defeat since Nov. 30.
Not one of the Canucks played particularly well in the 4-1 loss to the Stars, but one of them was especially hard on himself after the game.
“That third goal I gave up there was a back-breaker for our guys,” goalie Roberto Luongo said, per the Vancouver Sun. “It was a wrister, I stopped it with my glove and it kind of just fell down and I think it might have fallen between my legs or something and it just trickled in. Whatever it is, it’s an inexcusable goal at that point of the game.”
Here’s the goal, by the Stars’ Erik Cole:
Luongo was eventually replaced by backup Eddie Lack, who seems the favorite to get the start tonight in Chicago.
Canucks coach John Tortorella admitted that the Cole goal “hurt,” but he didn’t put it all on his netminder.
“We couldn’t score,” he said. “The third one hurt us a bit, but we have some power plays to get us back in and we don’t get it done.”
With the four goals he surrendered on 19 shots, Luongo’s save percentage dropped to a still-respectable .919 on the season.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)