Dec 20, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Last night in Dallas, the Vancouver Canucks suffered their first regulation defeat since Nov. 30.
Not one of the Canucks played particularly well in the 4-1 loss to the Stars, but one of them was especially hard on himself after the game.
“That third goal I gave up there was a back-breaker for our guys,” goalie Roberto Luongo said, per the Vancouver Sun. “It was a wrister, I stopped it with my glove and it kind of just fell down and I think it might have fallen between my legs or something and it just trickled in. Whatever it is, it’s an inexcusable goal at that point of the game.”
Here’s the goal, by the Stars’ Erik Cole:
Luongo was eventually replaced by backup Eddie Lack, who seems the favorite to get the start tonight in Chicago.
Canucks coach John Tortorella admitted that the Cole goal “hurt,” but he didn’t put it all on his netminder.
“We couldn’t score,” he said. “The third one hurt us a bit, but we have some power plays to get us back in and we don’t get it done.”
With the four goals he surrendered on 19 shots, Luongo’s save percentage dropped to a still-respectable .919 on the season.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 28
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 51
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)