Dec 20, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
In an 82-game season, a five-game winning streak can easily go unnoticed … unless you’re the success-starved Florida Panthers. Those winning ways even had team president Michael Yormark raving, but the Winnipeg Jets doused that hot streak on Friday, beating the Cats 5-2.
On the bright side for Florida, this doesn’t dampen the mood for Scott Clemmensen. It was Jacob Markstrom who absorbed tonight’s defeat instead of the journeyman backup, so Clemmensen’s surprising hot streak remains intact.
The big picture might not be that pretty for either team, but both franchises can carry some positives into the weekend.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 0
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 5
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47