Dec 20, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
In an 82-game season, a five-game winning streak can easily go unnoticed … unless you’re the success-starved Florida Panthers. Those winning ways even had team president Michael Yormark raving, but the Winnipeg Jets doused that hot streak on Friday, beating the Cats 5-2.
On the bright side for Florida, this doesn’t dampen the mood for Scott Clemmensen. It was Jacob Markstrom who absorbed tonight’s defeat instead of the journeyman backup, so Clemmensen’s surprising hot streak remains intact.
The big picture might not be that pretty for either team, but both franchises can carry some positives into the weekend.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)