Dec 20, 2013, 10:54 PM EST
In an 82-game season, a five-game winning streak can easily go unnoticed … unless you’re the success-starved Florida Panthers. Those winning ways even had team president Michael Yormark raving, but the Winnipeg Jets doused that hot streak on Friday, beating the Cats 5-2.
On the bright side for Florida, this doesn’t dampen the mood for Scott Clemmensen. It was Jacob Markstrom who absorbed tonight’s defeat instead of the journeyman backup, so Clemmensen’s surprising hot streak remains intact.
The big picture might not be that pretty for either team, but both franchises can carry some positives into the weekend.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)