Dec 20, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
In an 82-game season, a five-game winning streak can easily go unnoticed … unless you’re the success-starved Florida Panthers. Those winning ways even had team president Michael Yormark raving, but the Winnipeg Jets doused that hot streak on Friday, beating the Cats 5-2.
On the bright side for Florida, this doesn’t dampen the mood for Scott Clemmensen. It was Jacob Markstrom who absorbed tonight’s defeat instead of the journeyman backup, so Clemmensen’s surprising hot streak remains intact.
The big picture might not be that pretty for either team, but both franchises can carry some positives into the weekend.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)