Dec 20, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
In an 82-game season, a five-game winning streak can easily go unnoticed … unless you’re the success-starved Florida Panthers. Those winning ways even had team president Michael Yormark raving, but the Winnipeg Jets doused that hot streak on Friday, beating the Cats 5-2.
On the bright side for Florida, this doesn’t dampen the mood for Scott Clemmensen. It was Jacob Markstrom who absorbed tonight’s defeat instead of the journeyman backup, so Clemmensen’s surprising hot streak remains intact.
The big picture might not be that pretty for either team, but both franchises can carry some positives into the weekend.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)