Dec 20, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
Fresh off a painful loss in Philadelphia, the Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Marian Gaborik and defenseman James Wisniewski off injured reserve. Both players are expected to suit up Saturday when the Jackets host the same Flyers team that erased a three-goal, third-period deficit to beat them last night.
Gaborik has missed the past 17 games with a knee injury. Wisniewski has missed the past six with an upper-body ailment.
But what should’ve been excitement today over the pending return of two key players was something entirely differently after the collapse against the Flyers.
“I think last night’s game is going to stick with me for a while,” Jackets coach Todd Richards said Friday, per the Columbus Dispatch. “Just really disappointed. Disgusted. Embarrassed. Those were the words that I used when I went back to watch the game.”
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)