Dec 20, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
It doesn’t hurt that the 29-year-old is traveling with the Blues and participated in an optional skate today.
“There’s been a little improvement every day and that’s a positive sign,” Backes said. “We’ll see how things transpires here in the next little while. Hopefully I’ll be an ice hockey player again in the near future.”
Backes was banged up by what he described as a less-than-optimal hit by Colin Greening of the Ottawa Senators on Monday. The Blues lost to Ottawa that night and San Jose on Tuesday but bounced back against Montreal on Thursday.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36