Dec 20, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Brent Bulmer is headed back down to the minors.
On Friday, Minnesota announced they re-assigned Bulmer to AHL Iowa after the 21-year-old appeared in four games for the club, scoring no points while putting six shots on goal.
Bulmer’s story is an interesting one, given he went two full years between NHL games.
In October 2011, he debuted for the Wild and scored three points in his first nine contests at the pro level. The 39th overall pick in 2010 was then sent back to Junior, and proceeded to score 62 points in 53 games with WHL Kelowna.
But Bulmer failed to crack the Wild roster last season and missed out on the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign — the Wild, like all NHL teams, didn’t have a full training camp. He was then was slowed during this summer’s prospect camp and exhibition campaign by a knee injury, eventually being dispatched to Iowa.
Bulmer’s demotion suggests that injured forward Mikael Granlund — who has missed extensive time this year with a concussion — could be ready to return to action.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)