Dec 20, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
Brent Bulmer is headed back down to the minors.
On Friday, Minnesota announced they re-assigned Bulmer to AHL Iowa after the 21-year-old appeared in four games for the club, scoring no points while putting six shots on goal.
Bulmer’s story is an interesting one, given he went two full years between NHL games.
In October 2011, he debuted for the Wild and scored three points in his first nine contests at the pro level. The 39th overall pick in 2010 was then sent back to Junior, and proceeded to score 62 points in 53 games with WHL Kelowna.
But Bulmer failed to crack the Wild roster last season and missed out on the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign — the Wild, like all NHL teams, didn’t have a full training camp. He was then was slowed during this summer’s prospect camp and exhibition campaign by a knee injury, eventually being dispatched to Iowa.
Bulmer’s demotion suggests that injured forward Mikael Granlund — who has missed extensive time this year with a concussion — could be ready to return to action.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 0
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)