Dec 20, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
Danny DeKeyser said his shoulder injury is behind him and he’s ready to go.
“I feel good,” the Detroit defenseman said after Friday’s practice, as per the Macomb Daily. “I should be good to go. I’m excited.
“It’s been awhile since I’ve played, a little over a month, but it seems longer than that so I’m just ready to get back at it.”
DeKeyser injured his shoulder against Nashville on Nov. 19 and has been out sever since, missing the last 15 games. Detroit has missed the 23-year-old rearguard — many said DeKeyser was the best Wings defenseman this season prior to getting hurt — going just 6-6-2 without him in the lineup.
The former Western Michigan University standout had two goals and nine points through his first 22 games this season while averaging close to 21 minutes a night, and sounds as though he’ll draw back on on Saturday when the Wings go to Toronto to take on the Leafs in a Winter Classic preview.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)