Dec 20, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Danny DeKeyser said his shoulder injury is behind him and he’s ready to go.
“I feel good,” the Detroit defenseman said after Friday’s practice, as per the Macomb Daily. “I should be good to go. I’m excited.
“It’s been awhile since I’ve played, a little over a month, but it seems longer than that so I’m just ready to get back at it.”
DeKeyser injured his shoulder against Nashville on Nov. 19 and has been out sever since, missing the last 15 games. Detroit has missed the 23-year-old rearguard — many said DeKeyser was the best Wings defenseman this season prior to getting hurt — going just 6-6-2 without him in the lineup.
The former Western Michigan University standout had two goals and nine points through his first 22 games this season while averaging close to 21 minutes a night, and sounds as though he’ll draw back on on Saturday when the Wings go to Toronto to take on the Leafs in a Winter Classic preview.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2