Dec 20, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Danny DeKeyser said his shoulder injury is behind him and he’s ready to go.
“I feel good,” the Detroit defenseman said after Friday’s practice, as per the Macomb Daily. “I should be good to go. I’m excited.
“It’s been awhile since I’ve played, a little over a month, but it seems longer than that so I’m just ready to get back at it.”
DeKeyser injured his shoulder against Nashville on Nov. 19 and has been out sever since, missing the last 15 games. Detroit has missed the 23-year-old rearguard — many said DeKeyser was the best Wings defenseman this season prior to getting hurt — going just 6-6-2 without him in the lineup.
The former Western Michigan University standout had two goals and nine points through his first 22 games this season while averaging close to 21 minutes a night, and sounds as though he’ll draw back on on Saturday when the Wings go to Toronto to take on the Leafs in a Winter Classic preview.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 0
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 28
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 38
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)