Dec 20, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
Danny DeKeyser said his shoulder injury is behind him and he’s ready to go.
“I feel good,” the Detroit defenseman said after Friday’s practice, as per the Macomb Daily. “I should be good to go. I’m excited.
“It’s been awhile since I’ve played, a little over a month, but it seems longer than that so I’m just ready to get back at it.”
DeKeyser injured his shoulder against Nashville on Nov. 19 and has been out sever since, missing the last 15 games. Detroit has missed the 23-year-old rearguard — many said DeKeyser was the best Wings defenseman this season prior to getting hurt — going just 6-6-2 without him in the lineup.
The former Western Michigan University standout had two goals and nine points through his first 22 games this season while averaging close to 21 minutes a night, and sounds as though he’ll draw back on on Saturday when the Wings go to Toronto to take on the Leafs in a Winter Classic preview.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)