Dec 20, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Danny DeKeyser said his shoulder injury is behind him and he’s ready to go.
“I feel good,” the Detroit defenseman said after Friday’s practice, as per the Macomb Daily. “I should be good to go. I’m excited.
“It’s been awhile since I’ve played, a little over a month, but it seems longer than that so I’m just ready to get back at it.”
DeKeyser injured his shoulder against Nashville on Nov. 19 and has been out sever since, missing the last 15 games. Detroit has missed the 23-year-old rearguard — many said DeKeyser was the best Wings defenseman this season prior to getting hurt — going just 6-6-2 without him in the lineup.
The former Western Michigan University standout had two goals and nine points through his first 22 games this season while averaging close to 21 minutes a night, and sounds as though he’ll draw back on on Saturday when the Wings go to Toronto to take on the Leafs in a Winter Classic preview.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)