Dec 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Winless in their last six games, it’s hard to ignore all the injuries the Detroit Red Wings are being forced to deal with:
Detroit has three games before Dec. 28, starting tonight at Joe Louis Arena versus Calgary. The Wings are then in Toronto Saturday before returning home to face the Islanders Monday.
As for Stephen Weiss, it’s not clear whether he’ll need surgery for his groin/abdominal issue. He’ll apparently see a specialist Friday in Philadelphia to determine next steps.
For a full rundown of all the Wings’ injury updates, click here.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 2
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)