Dec 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Winless in their last six games, it’s hard to ignore all the injuries the Detroit Red Wings are being forced to deal with:
Detroit has three games before Dec. 28, starting tonight at Joe Louis Arena versus Calgary. The Wings are then in Toronto Saturday before returning home to face the Islanders Monday.
As for Stephen Weiss, it’s not clear whether he’ll need surgery for his groin/abdominal issue. He’ll apparently see a specialist Friday in Philadelphia to determine next steps.
For a full rundown of all the Wings’ injury updates, click here.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 23
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)