Dec 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Winless in their last six games, it’s hard to ignore all the injuries the Detroit Red Wings are being forced to deal with:
Detroit has three games before Dec. 28, starting tonight at Joe Louis Arena versus Calgary. The Wings are then in Toronto Saturday before returning home to face the Islanders Monday.
As for Stephen Weiss, it’s not clear whether he’ll need surgery for his groin/abdominal issue. He’ll apparently see a specialist Friday in Philadelphia to determine next steps.
For a full rundown of all the Wings’ injury updates, click here.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)