Dec 19, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Losers of six straight, the Red Wings are looking for a spark and they’ll get one tonight as Jordin Tootoo — recently recalled from AHL Grand Rapids — will draw into the lineup against Calgary.
Samuelsson, 36, has just one goal and three points in 21 games this year, and his lone goal came in a season-opening victory against Buffalo (so, 20 straight games without a tally.)
The veteran winger has played in each of Detroit’s last two games but has been largely ineffective, recording just two shots on goal with a minus-2 rating while playing under 10 minutes both nights.
As for Tootoo, he’ll be playing just his ninth game of the year and first since Nov. 4. The 30-year-old was placed on waivers and spent a brief time in AHL Grand Rapids before yesterday’s recall.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)