Dec 19, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Losers of six straight, the Red Wings are looking for a spark and they’ll get one tonight as Jordin Tootoo — recently recalled from AHL Grand Rapids — will draw into the lineup against Calgary.
Samuelsson, 36, has just one goal and three points in 21 games this year, and his lone goal came in a season-opening victory against Buffalo (so, 20 straight games without a tally.)
The veteran winger has played in each of Detroit’s last two games but has been largely ineffective, recording just two shots on goal with a minus-2 rating while playing under 10 minutes both nights.
As for Tootoo, he’ll be playing just his ninth game of the year and first since Nov. 4. The 30-year-old was placed on waivers and spent a brief time in AHL Grand Rapids before yesterday’s recall.
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 14
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29