Dec 19, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Losers of six straight, the Red Wings are looking for a spark and they’ll get one tonight as Jordin Tootoo — recently recalled from AHL Grand Rapids — will draw into the lineup against Calgary.
Samuelsson, 36, has just one goal and three points in 21 games this year, and his lone goal came in a season-opening victory against Buffalo (so, 20 straight games without a tally.)
The veteran winger has played in each of Detroit’s last two games but has been largely ineffective, recording just two shots on goal with a minus-2 rating while playing under 10 minutes both nights.
As for Tootoo, he’ll be playing just his ninth game of the year and first since Nov. 4. The 30-year-old was placed on waivers and spent a brief time in AHL Grand Rapids before yesterday’s recall.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22