Dec 19, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Losers of six straight, the Red Wings are looking for a spark and they’ll get one tonight as Jordin Tootoo — recently recalled from AHL Grand Rapids — will draw into the lineup against Calgary.
Samuelsson, 36, has just one goal and three points in 21 games this year, and his lone goal came in a season-opening victory against Buffalo (so, 20 straight games without a tally.)
The veteran winger has played in each of Detroit’s last two games but has been largely ineffective, recording just two shots on goal with a minus-2 rating while playing under 10 minutes both nights.
As for Tootoo, he’ll be playing just his ninth game of the year and first since Nov. 4. The 30-year-old was placed on waivers and spent a brief time in AHL Grand Rapids before yesterday’s recall.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8