Dec 19, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
Remember when Claude Giroux couldn’t buy a goal earlier this season? That memory seems to fade with each successive dominant performance, but if you want a symbolic moment of his turnaround, consider his game-winning goal from Thursday:
File that one firmly in the “That shouldn’t even be possible” category.
That tally was fittingly stunning for the Philadelphia Flyers’ 5-4 comeback win against the Columbus Blue Jackets, which you can read more about here.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25