Dec 19, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
The NHL seemed incapable of confirming or denying the tally, so one could say that the tie goes to the runner:
In the first round of the Coyotes/Maple Leafs shootout, video review was inconclusive in determining whether James van Riemsdyk’s shot completely crossed the goal line. Therefore, the referee’s call on the ice stands – good goal Toronto.
“I guess there was only one guy in this whole building that saw it go in,” Smith said.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17