Dec 19, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
The NHL seemed incapable of confirming or denying the tally, so one could say that the tie goes to the runner:
In the first round of the Coyotes/Maple Leafs shootout, video review was inconclusive in determining whether James van Riemsdyk’s shot completely crossed the goal line. Therefore, the referee’s call on the ice stands – good goal Toronto.
“I guess there was only one guy in this whole building that saw it go in,” Smith said.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25