Dec 19, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
The NHL seemed incapable of confirming or denying the tally, so one could say that the tie goes to the runner:
In the first round of the Coyotes/Maple Leafs shootout, video review was inconclusive in determining whether James van Riemsdyk’s shot completely crossed the goal line. Therefore, the referee’s call on the ice stands – good goal Toronto.
“I guess there was only one guy in this whole building that saw it go in,” Smith said.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 46
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1