Dec 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Linus Omark recently requested a trade out of the Edmonton Oilers organization. He got his wish on Thursday, as the Buffalo Sabres nabbed him for a conditional sixth-round draft pick.
(Said conditions aren’t clear at the moment, but perhaps it will come down to games played at the NHL level?)
Omark, 26, was selected in the fourth round (97th overall) in the 2007 NHL Draft. He has played in 66 NHL games – all with the Oilers – spread out over three seasons. That includes just one contest this season.
Omark, 26, received his longest look with the Oilers in 2010-11, as he scored 27 points in 51 games. He has a point-per-game in the AHL (29 in 29) with the Oklahoma City Barons this season.
This is far from a surprise, as reporters such as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman predicted the move … right down to Buffalo being the destination. Perhaps he’ll be able to make a mark with the Sabres in a way that he never really did in Edmonton?
The NHL’s roster freeze kicks in on Dec. 20, so if there are any other trade talks brewing Thursday, they better get hashed out soon.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)