Dec 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Linus Omark recently requested a trade out of the Edmonton Oilers organization. He got his wish on Thursday, as the Buffalo Sabres nabbed him for a conditional sixth-round draft pick.
(Said conditions aren’t clear at the moment, but perhaps it will come down to games played at the NHL level?)
Omark, 26, was selected in the fourth round (97th overall) in the 2007 NHL Draft. He has played in 66 NHL games – all with the Oilers – spread out over three seasons. That includes just one contest this season.
Omark, 26, received his longest look with the Oilers in 2010-11, as he scored 27 points in 51 games. He has a point-per-game in the AHL (29 in 29) with the Oklahoma City Barons this season.
This is far from a surprise, as reporters such as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman predicted the move … right down to Buffalo being the destination. Perhaps he’ll be able to make a mark with the Sabres in a way that he never really did in Edmonton?
The NHL’s roster freeze kicks in on Dec. 20, so if there are any other trade talks brewing Thursday, they better get hashed out soon.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)