Dec 19, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
But the fact Alberts is being forced into the lineup doesn’t leave the coach feeling entirely comfortable, according to the Vancouver Sun.
“Andrew has practiced hard with us, but just hasn’t had a lot of game time in any league,” said Tortorella, noting that Yannick Weber “had some game looks” with AHL Utica before replacing Edler the past three games.
“But it is what it is, [Alberts] is going to go in, we are not going to whine about this. All teams go through it, we just have to find a way to be the best that we can be.”
Alberts, 32, has appeared in just six games for the Canucks this season, averaging only 5:40 of ice time.
Vancouver plays tomorrow in Chicago and hosts Winnipeg Sunday before a six-day stretch without a game. If Alberts struggles, it’s possible young Frankie Corrado could be called up from the AHL.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 12
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)