Dec 19, 2013, 1:28 PM EST
But the fact Alberts is being forced into the lineup doesn’t leave the coach feeling entirely comfortable, according to the Vancouver Sun.
“Andrew has practiced hard with us, but just hasn’t had a lot of game time in any league,” said Tortorella, noting that Yannick Weber “had some game looks” with AHL Utica before replacing Edler the past three games.
“But it is what it is, [Alberts] is going to go in, we are not going to whine about this. All teams go through it, we just have to find a way to be the best that we can be.”
Alberts, 32, has appeared in just six games for the Canucks this season, averaging only 5:40 of ice time.
Vancouver plays tomorrow in Chicago and hosts Winnipeg Sunday before a six-day stretch without a game. If Alberts struggles, it’s possible young Frankie Corrado could be called up from the AHL.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 0
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 14
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)