Dec 19, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
But the fact Alberts is being forced into the lineup doesn’t leave the coach feeling entirely comfortable, according to the Vancouver Sun.
“Andrew has practiced hard with us, but just hasn’t had a lot of game time in any league,” said Tortorella, noting that Yannick Weber “had some game looks” with AHL Utica before replacing Edler the past three games.
“But it is what it is, [Alberts] is going to go in, we are not going to whine about this. All teams go through it, we just have to find a way to be the best that we can be.”
Alberts, 32, has appeared in just six games for the Canucks this season, averaging only 5:40 of ice time.
Vancouver plays tomorrow in Chicago and hosts Winnipeg Sunday before a six-day stretch without a game. If Alberts struggles, it’s possible young Frankie Corrado could be called up from the AHL.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)