Dec 19, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
But the fact Alberts is being forced into the lineup doesn’t leave the coach feeling entirely comfortable, according to the Vancouver Sun.
“Andrew has practiced hard with us, but just hasn’t had a lot of game time in any league,” said Tortorella, noting that Yannick Weber “had some game looks” with AHL Utica before replacing Edler the past three games.
“But it is what it is, [Alberts] is going to go in, we are not going to whine about this. All teams go through it, we just have to find a way to be the best that we can be.”
Alberts, 32, has appeared in just six games for the Canucks this season, averaging only 5:40 of ice time.
Vancouver plays tomorrow in Chicago and hosts Winnipeg Sunday before a six-day stretch without a game. If Alberts struggles, it’s possible young Frankie Corrado could be called up from the AHL.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)