Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher tried to assure the public after news goalie Josh Harding was placed on injured reserve earlier Wednesday.
The Wild, as reported earlier in the day, put goalie Harding on IR so he can make an adjustment to his treatment for Multiple Sclerosis.
“This is not a major situation at all,” Fletcher told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“This didn’t come out of the blue. I’ve been talking to Josh for awhile about this. He needs to make an adjustment in his protocols and now is a good time to do it. He feels good. He played well last night, but it’s just something that has to be taken care of.”
Harding’s play this season has been nothing short of sensational, and it seems he is being brought up more and more amongst fans and the media as someone who should at least be in consideration for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
It still appears, however, that despite his brilliance so far, he’s a very long shot to make the team.
Through 27 games, he’s produced a record of 18-5-3, with a .939 save percentage and 1.51 goals-against average.
“Over the next week, Josh will make a minor adjustment to his treatment protocol,” Fletcher said in a statement Wednesday. “Josh feels great and he looks forward to rejoining our team for our game in Winnipeg on Dec. 27.”
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 36
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)