Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher tried to assure the public after news goalie Josh Harding was placed on injured reserve earlier Wednesday.
The Wild, as reported earlier in the day, put goalie Harding on IR so he can make an adjustment to his treatment for Multiple Sclerosis.
“This is not a major situation at all,” Fletcher told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“This didn’t come out of the blue. I’ve been talking to Josh for awhile about this. He needs to make an adjustment in his protocols and now is a good time to do it. He feels good. He played well last night, but it’s just something that has to be taken care of.”
Harding’s play this season has been nothing short of sensational, and it seems he is being brought up more and more amongst fans and the media as someone who should at least be in consideration for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
It still appears, however, that despite his brilliance so far, he’s a very long shot to make the team.
Through 27 games, he’s produced a record of 18-5-3, with a .939 save percentage and 1.51 goals-against average.
“Over the next week, Josh will make a minor adjustment to his treatment protocol,” Fletcher said in a statement Wednesday. “Josh feels great and he looks forward to rejoining our team for our game in Winnipeg on Dec. 27.”
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)