Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher tried to assure the public after news goalie Josh Harding was placed on injured reserve earlier Wednesday.
The Wild, as reported earlier in the day, put goalie Harding on IR so he can make an adjustment to his treatment for Multiple Sclerosis.
“This is not a major situation at all,” Fletcher told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“This didn’t come out of the blue. I’ve been talking to Josh for awhile about this. He needs to make an adjustment in his protocols and now is a good time to do it. He feels good. He played well last night, but it’s just something that has to be taken care of.”
Harding’s play this season has been nothing short of sensational, and it seems he is being brought up more and more amongst fans and the media as someone who should at least be in consideration for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
It still appears, however, that despite his brilliance so far, he’s a very long shot to make the team.
Through 27 games, he’s produced a record of 18-5-3, with a .939 save percentage and 1.51 goals-against average.
“Over the next week, Josh will make a minor adjustment to his treatment protocol,” Fletcher said in a statement Wednesday. “Josh feels great and he looks forward to rejoining our team for our game in Winnipeg on Dec. 27.”
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)