Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher tried to assure the public after news goalie Josh Harding was placed on injured reserve earlier Wednesday.
The Wild, as reported earlier in the day, put goalie Harding on IR so he can make an adjustment to his treatment for Multiple Sclerosis.
“This is not a major situation at all,” Fletcher told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“This didn’t come out of the blue. I’ve been talking to Josh for awhile about this. He needs to make an adjustment in his protocols and now is a good time to do it. He feels good. He played well last night, but it’s just something that has to be taken care of.”
Harding’s play this season has been nothing short of sensational, and it seems he is being brought up more and more amongst fans and the media as someone who should at least be in consideration for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
It still appears, however, that despite his brilliance so far, he’s a very long shot to make the team.
Through 27 games, he’s produced a record of 18-5-3, with a .939 save percentage and 1.51 goals-against average.
“Over the next week, Josh will make a minor adjustment to his treatment protocol,” Fletcher said in a statement Wednesday. “Josh feels great and he looks forward to rejoining our team for our game in Winnipeg on Dec. 27.”
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 15
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)