Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher tried to assure the public after news goalie Josh Harding was placed on injured reserve earlier Wednesday.
The Wild, as reported earlier in the day, put goalie Harding on IR so he can make an adjustment to his treatment for Multiple Sclerosis.
“This is not a major situation at all,” Fletcher told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“This didn’t come out of the blue. I’ve been talking to Josh for awhile about this. He needs to make an adjustment in his protocols and now is a good time to do it. He feels good. He played well last night, but it’s just something that has to be taken care of.”
Harding’s play this season has been nothing short of sensational, and it seems he is being brought up more and more amongst fans and the media as someone who should at least be in consideration for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
It still appears, however, that despite his brilliance so far, he’s a very long shot to make the team.
Through 27 games, he’s produced a record of 18-5-3, with a .939 save percentage and 1.51 goals-against average.
“Over the next week, Josh will make a minor adjustment to his treatment protocol,” Fletcher said in a statement Wednesday. “Josh feels great and he looks forward to rejoining our team for our game in Winnipeg on Dec. 27.”
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)