Dec 19, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators forward Mika Zibanejad suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return to Thursday’s game against the Florida Panthers.
The 20-year-old was hurt by a Erik Gudrbanson hit, according to Panthers Parkway’s David Lasseter.
The sixth pick of the 2011 NHL Draft is coming along nicely, as he has a great chance of topping the 20 points he scored in 42 games last season, as he already has 15 in 28.
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 10
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)