Dec 19, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators forward Mika Zibanejad suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return to Thursday’s game against the Florida Panthers.
The 20-year-old was hurt by a Erik Gudrbanson hit, according to Panthers Parkway’s David Lasseter.
The sixth pick of the 2011 NHL Draft is coming along nicely, as he has a great chance of topping the 20 points he scored in 42 games last season, as he already has 15 in 28.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12