Dec 19, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators forward Mika Zibanejad suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return to Thursday’s game against the Florida Panthers.
The 20-year-old was hurt by a Erik Gudrbanson hit, according to Panthers Parkway’s David Lasseter.
The sixth pick of the 2011 NHL Draft is coming along nicely, as he has a great chance of topping the 20 points he scored in 42 games last season, as he already has 15 in 28.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)